Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) considerations are embedded in the fabric of our firm and have been incorporated into our investment process and philosophy since our inception.
We are proud to give back to our community, through both our work and our personal passions.
We firmly believe that ESG factors can drive value across both sides of our business.
The MidOcean Private Equity team incorporates ESG principles in identifying potential assets and creating value and growth within various sectors.
We believe that ESG has the potential to:
- Drive top line growth
- Attract and retain top talent
- Create cost efficiencies
- Strengthen our due diligence process
- Build strong, lasting businesses with a keen sense of community and passion
The MidOcean Credit team incorporates ESG analysis into portfolio management to help drive attractive long-term returns while also having a positive impact.
Our investment process:
- Considers the implication of ESG risk and opportunities alongside traditional factors throughout our investment process
- Formally integrates ESG ratings into our investment memos
- Benefits from ongoing monitoring and formal committee review
Culture: Pride in Our People
We believe our people are our most important and valuable asset and we are proud of the family we have created through trust, respect and integrity.
We are proud of our firm-level policies and initiatives which have been developed to help attract, recruit and retain the best talent. MidOcean offers:
- Full-day volunteer opportunities in our local communities
- Holiday gatherings for both our employees and our families
- Competitive parental and adoption leave
- Ongoing employee training, workshops and working groups focused on building connections and the ongoing the health, happiness and development of our employees
- Women at MidOcean “WAM”
- MidOcean University offering employee training and development
- MidOcean Speakers Series
- MidOcean Mentorship program for junior team members
- Matching gift policy for personal philanthropic efforts
- Flexible working arrangements at company offices including a fully stocked kitchen, on-site gym (NYC only) and collaborative work spaces
- Summer Internship and Student Mentoring programs
- Strict adherence and commitment to our Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and Diversity & Inclusion Policies ("D&I")
- Firm-level partnership with First Workings and Youth Inc. alongside employee support of 165+ other charitable organizations
150+ Organizations Supported
MidOcean employees and our portfolio company partners give back to our communities through a variety of organizations that we are proud to support. In addition, MidOcean encourages and supports employees’ philanthropic activities through a charitable donation-matching program.
Rise Up, a MidOcean female empowerment program, aims to bring together, support, develop, and inspire our growing community of women leaders within the MidOcean portfolio.
Women at MidOcean
Women at MidOcean is committed to helping female employees and women from our broader community develop key skills and acquire new relationships through industry events and networking
MidOcean Speaker Series
Past speakers include senior executives, professional athletes and other experienced leaders from our broader communities
Fostering a culture of professional development: We encourage junior employees to challenge their skillsets and learn more about the private equity business and other relative topics