We’ve grown and innovated for over twenty years without straying from our core principles. Today, our platform offers a wide range of capital solutions across the private equity and credit markets.
- 2022 First close for third closed-end credit strategy (Fund III)
- 2021 First close for sixth private equity fund (Fund VI)
- 2021 Strategic Partnership with Hunter Point Capital
- 2020 MidOcean becomes UNPRI Signatory
- 2019 Closed CLO X, MidOcean Credit’s first CLO structured to include ESG parameters
- 2018 Closed fifth private equity fund (Fund V) and second closed-end credit strategy (Fund II)
- 2017 MidOcean Credit crosses $5 billion AUM threshold
- 2016 Closed first closed-end credit strategy (Fund I)
- 2015 Closed fourth private equity fund (Fund IV)
- 2013 Launch of MidOcean Credit structured business (CLO I)
- 2010 Launch of MidOcean Credit Absolute Return strategy
- 2009 Launch of MidOcean Credit
- 2006 Closed third private equity fund (Fund III)
- 2004 Closed second private equity fund (Fund II)
- 2003 MidOcean formed through management buyout of Deutsche Bank’s $1.8 billion private equity business (Fund I)
How We Work
Building Value With Purpose—says it all. Building describes forming trusted partnerships, engaging with our teams and doing the hard work; Value denotes the economic, human and social value we seek to create; and Purpose reflects focus, discipline, rigor and our belief in using business as a powerful force for good.
Building Value With Purpose—it’s what we do and how we do it.
Kyle Smith, CEO, Casper’s
Our Core Principles
Focus on our stakeholders
Always act in the best interests of our stakeholders.
Put people first
Recruit and retain the best talent and recognize people as our most important asset.
Do the work
Work together, work smart, work with intent. Earn trust through hard work, honesty, integrity, and relentless focus. Have fun.
Achieve consensus through teamwork
We value the opinion and effort of every team member.
Discipline, rigor and imagination define our investment approach and ability to generate superior returns in our chosen markets.
Use business as a positive force
We measure value by economic returns and by the benefits we bring to the communities in which we work and live.
We build great companies through a combination of theme-driven sector focus, engaged operating resources and collaborative partnerships with founders, entrepreneurs and leadership teams.
We have a demonstrated history of out-performance investing across the capital structure. Our integrated platform-based approach leverages the specialized expertise of our dedicated credit research team as well as the broader MidOcean platform.
We’re one team—spanning the middle-market private equity and alternative credit markets—committed to building value through innovative capital solutions.